Hypnotherapy ExplainedHypnosis is a naturally occuring state of mind we all go into every day eg when you are daydreaming, watching television , reading a book etc
Everyone goes into hypnotic states every day
When you are in a hypnotic state you conscious mind is not so alert. You could be engrossed in a book and totally unaware when someone tries to get your attention. You are not consciously so aware of them
Clincial Hypnotherapy uses this phenomenan as when your conscious mind is not so alert your subconscious mind is more accessable and suggestions given by a hypnotherapist are more likely to be accepted. Your hypnotherapist will help you become more relaxed using suggestions, words and visualisations.
You will only accept suggestions that are right for you. You are in total control
It is estimated that 85% of people will readily respond to clinical hypnotherapy and it may even succeed where other more conventional methods of treatment have been slow to produce the desired results.
When carried out by a professionally trained and skilled hypnotherapist, the benefits are usually long lasting and often permanent. It is completely natural and safe, with no harmful side effects.
Hypnoytherapy can help:
- Weight Control and Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Anxiety and Stress
- Build Confidence
- Smoking Cessation
- Fear of public speaking
FAQ about Hypnosis
- Can I be hypnotised and made to do things against my will-? No completely untrue, you are in total control at all times.
- Can anyone be hypnotised?- yes if they want to be, however are several serious mental health problems that are contra indicated, eg schizophrenia.
- Can you get stuck in hypnosis?- No you are in total control
- What does it feel like to be hypnotised?- You will feel very relaxed, and aware but you are more focussed on your inner world.
- What happens at a session of hypnotherapy?- Sessions usually last around an hour and a half, so there is plenty of time for you to feel relaxed and comfortable and to ask as many questions you like. A case history is taken and we will decide together what methods will suit your particular needs. Subsequent sessions will follow and will be tailored to suit your needs.
- We now use a Hypnocom which blocks out distracting sounds and noises and really enhances the hypnotherapy experience. It involves wearing a headset so that you hear your therapists voice mixed with background music, a whole new relaxing experience!
Lose weight... Law of attraction.. Exercise Motivation
Not sure about therapy
Come along for a one hour consultation and experience a short hypnosis session for £30